Thursday, September 15, 2011

Amber in the Ocean: Day 1 First Impressions


Who wouldn't want to be welcomed by this guy, huh?

I'm here! I made it off okay yesterday (on two hours of sleep....). My apartment's not as clean as I want it to be, but cleaning my room was not my motivation to adventure to London.



My flight over was AMAZING! Not even kidding. I had the window seat on both flights, and on the second flight, no one was sitting beside me. They aired two epidsodes of Parks and Rec., one episode of The Office, and one episode of Community. I watched this other movie called Arthur about this trust fund baby who was wasting his life on loose living until he was changed by this girl and his nanny. It was actually really funny. Bear and I were quite happy. When I was coming back from DC during a brief visit last February, an old man stopped by my seat on his way back from the rest room. He pet Bear's head and told me that I would never have a better travelling companion.

Flying into London was beautiful, too. I told my parents and Brandon that it looks like someone dropped amber gems into the ocean. I tried to take a picture of it, but we were going all too quickly. I tried to tell the pilot that this was important, but he wouldn't listen.



 
I'm happy to be alive today. I'm going to sit in Hyde Park and have a conversation with Somerset Maughm.

They all have English accents here. I feel like I've walked into Love Actually (but only as an extra).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment